Terms Of Service
By using danceConvention.net (the "Service"), you agree to be bound by the TOS and you agree that it is enforceable as if it were a written negotiated agreement signed by Ilya Obshadko ("Author") and you.
Author may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise the TOS at any time without notice to you, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service shall be subject to the TOS. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the TOS at any time at
Contents of this section applies to all users of the Service
Description of Service
- danceConvention.net is a web-based dance event and competition management solution provided by Author.
- Your use of the Service is at your own risk.
- You understand that the Service is provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis.
- You understand that due to the nature of the Internet that Service could be interrupted at any time.
- Accounts must belong to humans. Bots, programs, or scripts may not register or operate the Service
- Account logins must belong to only one person. Sharing logins is not permitted.
Account information must be kept up to date. This information includes but is not limited to:
- Email address
- ...and any other information that the Service requires for registration.
- You are responsible for keeping your Service login information secure.
- Author will not be held responsible for security lapses by you or others.
- The Service may not be used to generate any form of SPAM or unsolicited contact.
Author does not warrant that the Service will...
- Meet your requirements
- Be available at all times
- Be error or bug free
- Author does not warrant that the data provided will be accurate or reliable.
- You understand and will not hold Author liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses.
- The failure of Author to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Author and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and Author (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to support at danceconvention dot net.
Privacy and data protection
- The Service collects and processes user personal data and contact information required for dance event registration process.
- The following data is collected and processed for a regular user: first/last name, city, country, email (optionally), phone (optionally), primary dance role (leader/follower).
- The service may also collect technical information based on you IP address, to improve user experience and track important actions.
- Contact information is used to notify users about their registration status, event updates, payment notifications and other activity which is related to addending dance events hosted by the Service. Contact information may be also used to notify users about Service news and updates.
User personal data, excluding email and phone, may be disclosed publicly in the following cases:
- When user explicitly publishes his or her public profile using the Service.
- When a dance event publishes lists of event attendees, or enables 'Partner Finder' functionality.
- When a dance event publishes competition results.
- User contact data (email and phone) is disclosed only to the staff of events the user is attending. Event staff includes dance event promoter (owner) and may include other persons assigned by the event owner.
- User contact data (email and phone) is never disclosed publicly.
- The Service uses browser cookies to maintain user sessions. No other information is collected using cookies.
- User may request to remove his or her personal information, by contacting the Service using our Feedback form The request will be served within 48 hours.
- Service architecture, implementation, business logic and user interface are copyright © Ilya Obshadko 2013-2020. You may not emulate, copy, or duplicate any portion of the Service.
- You own all your account data.
Contents of this section applies to promoter accounts only
Data protection and privacy
- Your event data, attendee information, financial information and any other information related to your dance event(s) is accessible only by you and your selected staff members, depending on their access permissions, which you must explicitly grant when configuring your event(s).
- By signing up as a promoter you agree to respect the privacy of your event attendees.
- Attendee personal information must not be used for purposes other than those directly related to the dance event(s) you are managing.
- The Service email notification features must be used only for activities related to the dance event(s) you are managing.
Account Pricing Terms
- The price of using the Service depends on the account plan you select.
- Author may modify the Service account prices at any time with or without notice.
- Notice will be provided on the danceConvention.net web site ( ).
- Accounts are billed according to your selected account plan.
- Period-based account plans work on pre-paid basis: you have to pay at the beginning of the billing period.
- Event-based account plans work on post-paid basis (i.e. after completion of your event).
- All Paying accounts must have valid payment information on file.
- If payment fails, the Customer's account will remain active, but will not be able to provide further registration services.
Account Plan Change Terms
- You may change your account plan at any time.
- If you change from period-based account plan to event-based account plan, the remaining period is not refunded.
- If you change from event-based account plan to period-based account plan, you will be billed for the beginning period immediately.
Cancellation and Refund Terms
- You may cancel your account at any time.
- If you cancel your account before the billing cycle (for period-based account plans) you will not be charged for the next billing period.
- When you cancel your account all of your Service data will be deleted immediately. It can not be recovered.
- Cancellation of the Service must happen from within the Service itself. Author will not cancel any accounts via telephone, email, or written requests.
- No refunds will be given for partial periods paid (applies to period-based account plans).
- Author may cancel your account at any time for any reason.
- Reasons include but are not limited to violation of these terms.